Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer

Remember how magical summers were when you were a kid?

 
Long days of awesome nothingness
 followed by a relaxing family vacation.   

Thanks to my chosen profession (educating the young minds of America), summers never lost that quality for me.  At 30 years old I still have that tickle in my stomach on the last day of school...the overwhelming excitement that I don't have to go to school for THREE (actually two and a half) WHOLE MONTHS!!!!!!

We have days on end of

being beach bums,

honing our ice cream making skills,
(crank it Aunt Donna!)

watching for bunnies in the back yard,


just relaxing in the sun,


or...ummmm...finding ways to stay cool.


My only question is...why do those endless glorious days of summer seem to fly by so quickly?

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I will look back at this post in January and get my summer fix...

    ReplyDelete